Sunday, June 22, 2014

Zio Ciro Pizza oven

I recently upgraded from my "home-made" smoker retro fit pizza oven to a "real"  pizza oven  .  I did a lot of research on many companies for modular vs pre-assembled, vs cobb style make from scratch.  I decided because of my small urban space I needed a pre-assembled oven. Most were so heavy , there would be no way I could get one into my back yard. My existing oven is about 20" square, and many of the lighter ones were only about 23 in diameter, the next size up were ovens about 28 inch diameter.  I found a oven made in Italy by Ziro Ciro,  and imported by  Los Angeles Oven works .  This new oven was not only a little larger,  at 31 inch diameter - (I think the largest preassembled oven available) , but is also a manageable 400 lbs - ( moveable with four guys)  .  I chronicled the delivery and install in an earlier post and what I had to do to beef up my deck.   I did three days of progressive Curing fires, and then fired it up about 5 times so far, cooking Pizza of course, but also roasting chicken, mixed vegies, and baking a bread pudding.  There is a learning curve to the fire management which I am just getting on top of.  Tonight I will be doing pizza's for seven people , so my first real test of assembly line pizzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment