Wednesday, June 11, 2014


Pizza Oven set up

Oven made in Italy ( Zio ciro ) and imported by los Angeles oven works (LAOW)  Peter and Anna at LAOW were great . I will report on its function later . This post is just to share the process of getting it set up on a deck. I previously build a BBQ cover that I wanted to place the pizza oven under.

The Shipping was pretty Fast ( 1 week)  but First  I had some prep work to do:
My old oven was down around the corner from my deck,  but I wanted this to be on the deck closer to the kitchen. To center the oven under my covered area and I needed to add extra support to my deck and extend the deck out a bit to accommodate the size of the oven. I made the extension super heavy duty with  6 dovetailed 4X4 supports.








The Final product


Mocking up the Space



Adding Extra Support

I needed to add about 2 feet extension


DoveTail the 4X4 posts for stronger support of 2x4's

The Oven Arrives



Moved to my Garage

Time to ask some friends to help me move 400 lbs !








Needed to add some length to the vent pipe to get through the roof

Had to Cut a hole in the roof


I placed a 3X5 ft Cement board in front to protect the deck


Ready to Go..................





No comments:

Post a Comment