Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Night Breads

After fire roasting some chicken and veggies, I hate to waste all that stored heat . So I baked two loafs


My version of rustic leavened corn Bread:
20%Corn meal (polenta) , 70% AP, 10% Spelt.
25% sourdough starter . 75% hydration
I added about 3/4 cup of roasted corn and about 1/2 cup copped Poblano pepper. For a little heat I added a pinch or two of Chipotle pepper flakes.
This bread baked up nice and rustic with a great chew - you can really taste the corn and Poblano.

Rustic Corn Bread




The second load is another iteration of my Orange Honey Polenta. 

75% hydration with the juice and rind of 1 orange. Tbsp of honey , 25% sourdough starter, fed twice with whole wheat flour.
15% Spelt flour.  

I use my bread calculation spread sheet  for both of these ( see the right panel) it can be downloaded and opened in excel or google drive.



No comments:

Post a Comment