Friday, August 8, 2014

Customize your Ziro Ciro Medium Chef 80cm oven

The nice thing about this approach is that the oven is still portable. It can be lifted off the table, and the table can be lifted off the frame and moved if needed. 



   Before: Original on metal stand.                  After: Set on insulated tiled table with custom metal trim



So what did I do?
First, I built a simple table top using plywood and cement board.
I added 1.5 inches of Insulation board Which I got from Los Angeles Oven works.

I lifted my oven off the metal stand using chain hoists attached to the existing handles (did I mention the oven weighs 400 lbs!)



I placed my table top over the metal stand



It was a trick getting everything lined up


Success !






I got some left over tile from another project and hand cut it to fit around the oven



Set and Grouted the tile



To do the trim I used steel which I cut and shaped to fit.

I cut out some shapes just for fun


 Here is the back side.


Some more final oven shots






No comments:

Post a Comment